Are you trying to add more plant-based goodness to your lifestyle?! If you are….yay!
It can be really helpful to have a stock of food in your pantry that you can grab to add to meals or when you need a quick snack. Here are some of my faves that we always have in the house and some examples of quick/easy things I can whip up in a pinch!
- Canned and dry beans: easy to toss together with some rice, frozen veggies and a jar of salsa.
- Rice and quinoa : for those bowls that need a grain base
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruit and oats: oatmeal bowls for breakfast, but when are oatmeal bowls NOT delicious?
- Dry pasta and canned tomatoes or tomato sauce: quick pasta bowl. Go for high protein kinds like chickpea or lentil-based noodles.
- Energy bars: an easy grab and go snack for those days when you need a little extra!
These items have long shelf lives so keep them in your pantry for those days when you need a quick meal or maybe forgot to grab something at the store and can sub in one of these things instead! Even better, stock up whenever they go on a good sale and your wallet will thank you. Add them to your grocery list when you go shopping next!
Eating more plants can come with its challenges. There’s a lot of nutrition noise out there, everyone has an opinion, and it can be confusing to figure out what works best for YOU. Working through these challenges and learning how to easily incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet and lifestyle can be helpful. Working with a plant-based dietitian to guide you through your unique journey and surrounding yourself with other like-minded people who are on a similar journey can be monumental. When you join my nutrition coaching program, you’ll get a highly customized, one-on-one experience to help you confidently and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make you feel good. Click the button below to learn more about my approach and see what other clients have to say.