Sometimes we need that afternoon pick-me-up. Here’s a delicous, plant-based, naturally sweetened mocha smoothie to help! Perfect for post-workout, breakfast, or just when you need a little extra “oomph” to your day! Check out a recipe video here.
- 3 cups cold brew (I used decaf)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (I soaked them for 30 min)
- 7-10 pitted dates
- Dash vanilla extract
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Handful cacao nibs (you can also use cacao powder)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender
- Blend on high for one min or until smooth
- Pour into your favorite cup
- Add coconut whipped cream to take it up a notch
- Serve over ice as desired
NOTE: You can also run it through a cheese cloth to make it even creamier (cacao nibs give it some texture)
I hope you enjoy this delicious plant-based breakfast meal prep. Only after healing myself of lifelong chronic constipation through healthful, plant-based eating did I arrive at my life’s work as a dietitian. Now, I find an immense amount of joy in helping others simply and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make them feel even better. To learn more about my approach to nutrition, click the button below.