This cashew cheese is my favorite recipe! Who says you can’t have cheese when you eat plant-based? This to me is way tastier than the stuff that comes from cows. It’s also much lower in saturated fat, sodium, cholesterol, and food additives!
Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 1-6 hours
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs miso paste (I used chickpea miso)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cups water (depending on desired consistency)
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Note: Use salted and/or roasted cashews for a saltier cheese sauce or add a pinch of salt to the mixture. You can also add spices like jalapeño powder or cayenne to kick it up a notch
Enjoy this with tortilla chips, over a rice and bean bowl, or in some savory grits.
See the recipe video here!
I hope you enjoy this delicious cashew cheese sauce. Only after healing myself of lifelong chronic constipation through healthful, plant-based eating did I arrive at my life’s work as a dietitian. Now, I find an immense amount of joy in helping others simply and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make them feel even better. To learn more about my approach to nutrition, click the button below.