After the weekend, we have a tendency to restrict after eating what we *want* on the weekend…
A lot of us might have this perfectionist tendency that keeps us really on point during our weekly routine but then weekend outings with friends come around and we let it all go. OR we feel like we’ve been “So good” during the week that we deserve some treats. It’s that all-or-nothing mentality that can get us stuck in a really bad cycle of over-restriction and “cheat weekends”. What we want is to find a healthy balance of moderation so we can enjoy all SEVEN days of the week without the guilt.
- It’s okay to eat more one day and less the next
- It’s okay to balance your food choices over a week, think consistency over time
- It’s okay to not get locked into daily macro or calorie targets, our bodies aren’t robots
- Your body and mind will struggle if you cut down calories or restrict certain foods
- There is no perfect approach to eating because we are all human
Do you feel like you need to re-set after the weekend?
Eating more plants can come with its challenges. There’s a lot of nutrition noise out there, everyone has an opinion, and it can be confusing to figure out what works best for YOU. Working through these challenges and learning how to easily incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet and lifestyle can be helpful. Working with a plant-based dietitian to guide you through your unique journey and surrounding yourself with other like-minded people who are on a similar journey can be monumental. When you join my nutrition coaching program, you’ll get a highly customized, one-on-one experience to help you confidently and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make you feel good. Click the button below to learn more about my approach and see what other clients have to say.