Snacking CAN be pretty simple. But the world we live in makes it incredibly complicated:
- We’re bombarded with snack advertisements all day long
- We have to navigate mile long snack aisles at the grocery
- We’re deciphering through the latest trends and health claims
It’s enough to pull your hair out! I have a few bits of “intention” you can use when snacking.
Things to Consider When Choosing Snacks:
- How much thought has gone into this snack? Are you making an impulsive or intentional decision?
- Will this snack satisfy you? Not just satiate you but ALSO satisfy your tastebuds?
- How will you feel about consuming this snack one hour later? Is it going to give you energy or make you feel sluggish?
I find asking myself these types of questions help me make intentional snacking decisions. The snacks I end up choosing are then:
- thought about
- planned for
- often consist of whole foods
- taste GOOD
- make me feel GOOD
My Favorite Plant-based Snack Options:
- fruit with nut butter
- hummus and veggies/GF crackers
- avocado toast with fixings
- energy bites
- roasted chickpeas
- whole food bar
Eating more plants can come with its challenges. There’s a lot of nutrition noise out there, everyone has an opinion, and it can be confusing to figure out what works best for YOU. Working through these challenges and learning how to easily incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet and lifestyle can be helpful. Working with a plant-based dietitian to guide you through your unique journey and surrounding yourself with other like-minded people who are on a similar journey can be monumental. When you join my nutrition coaching program, you’ll get a highly customized, one-on-one experience to help you confidently and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make you feel good. Click the button below to learn more about my approach and see what other clients have to say.