Who doesn’t love breakfast? There’s no rule book anywhere that tells you you can only eat certain foods at certain times of the day. If breakfast is your jam (and toast), here are some meal prep ideas that will have you eating breakfast foods all day long!
Breakfast: Ultimate Grits Bowls
Check out my instagram video or read the recipe below.
- 6 cups water or veggies stock
- 2 cups grits
- 1-2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Toppings: tomatoes, green onion, cashew cheese, cilantro, avocado, hot sauce
- Cook grits according to package directions in veggie stock or water.
- Once cooked, stir in black beans and spices. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Portion out into meal prep containers.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Note: Grits thicken up in the fridge. You can add a little water (about 2 Tbs) when you go to reheat each portion.
Lunch: Power Waffles
Loaded with all the fabulous mix-ins like hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax meal and topped with a berry compote. Recipe adapted from The First Mess
Snack: Yogurt + Bananas
Keeping it easy. There are so many plant-based yogurts available in stores now!
Dinner: Tofu Scramble + Hash Browns
I cooked frozen, oil-free hash browns purchased from Sprouts in the air fryer and topped them off with a tofu scramble. Served alongside is an arugula salad with lemon tahini dressing.
I hope you enjoy these breakfast themed meal prep ideas! Only after healing myself of lifelong chronic constipation through healthful, plant-based eating did I arrive at my life’s work as a dietitian. Now, I find an immense amount of joy in helping others simply and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make them feel even better. To learn more about my approach to nutrition, click the button below.