Here’s another easy meal prep idea for you! Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes are delicious, simple and versatile! Feel free the change out some of the ingredients based on your preference. You can swap sweet potatoes for regular potatoes, use different beans or sauces. Get creative! I laid it out here just as you’ll prep it, starting with what to buy at the grocery store. Some parts you’ll prep for the week and some you’ll prep just before you eat it. That way you get the freshest food in the least amount of time!
Potatoes (your pick, white or sweet potatoes)
Baby bok choy (I ate one each night)
Prep for the Week
- Bake your potatoes until fork-tender
- Whip up a batch of lemon tahini dressing (recipe below)
- Drain and rise two cans chickpeas, then toss them in a little dressing, about 1/4 cup
- Blanch baby bok choy
- Reheat potato(es) and a portion of chickpeas
- Chop up cilantro and green onion
- Compile dish as your heart desires
Lemon Tahini Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2-1 cup hot water
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic powder to small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Gradually add in the hot water until desired consistency is reached.
I hope you enjoy these loaded baked sweet potatoes. Only after healing myself of lifelong chronic constipation through healthful, plant-based eating did I arrive at my life’s work as a dietitian. Now, I find an immense amount of joy in helping others simply and sustainably eat foods that taste good and make them feel even better. To learn more about my approach to nutrition, click the button below.